When I speak to people from all walks of life, the majority of them have the same problem…they are not making enough money to pay the bills. Most of these people have no idea how they can get out of the predicament they find themselves in. They obviously realise that they need to make more money, but they don’t know what is the best way to make money.
This is why I started The Online Income Project; to help these people learn about what is the best way to make money, and that is to make money online.
Why Is Making Money Online The Best Way To Make Money?
There are so many ways one can actually make money, but not many people know where to look or how to start. This applies to both online and offline methods of making money. There are pros and cons to every single income model / method. It boils down to what suits your current situation better i.e. do you currently have a job and are looking to supplement your current income, or are you in desperate need of something that can give you all of your income? Do you have money to invest in the business, or do you need something that you can get into with no money at all? Do you have a skill or product that you are wanting to sell or do you want to sell someone else’s product?
There are pros and cons to every single income model / method. It just boils down to what suits your current situation better i.e. do you currently have a job and are looking to supplement your current income, or are you in desperate need of something that can give you a full-time income? Do you have money to invest in the business, or do you need something that you can get into with no money at all? Do you have a skill or product that you are wanting to sell or do you want to sell someone else’s product?
There are just so many varying factors, but for me personally and for millions of others, making money online is the best way to make money.
Here are the reasons why I believe that having an online business is the best way to make money:
- Anyone can do it. You don’t need to get a special qualification in order to do it and you don’t need to be an expert at website programming or even being a general wiz at computers. All you need is the dedication and the ability to learn and implement what you have learned.
- It costs virtually nothing to start an online business. If you started a conventional business, there are usually big overheads. This is one of the reasons why so many small businesses fail. According to Bloomberg, 8 out of 10 small businesses fail. Yet all you really need to start an online business is a computer and the internet. Obviously, as your online business gets bigger, there are extra programs and tools that you will WANT to invest in simply because you know they will generate income for you in the end.
- You can operate it from anywhere in the world. If you have a conventional business you are tied to a physical location or several locations e.g. a shop. You also won’t be able to just leave the business anytime you want to. Yet you can operate an online business even while you are on holiday with your family.
- You can have as many online businesses as you want on any niche that you choose. There is no limit. If you have a conventional business, you can realistically only have a few different businesses, mainly due to the huge expenses of owning a single business. Whereas with an online business, because operating costs are so low, you can have as many businesses as choose.
- You can start an online business and earn money based on ANY subject that you are interested in or are passionate about. With a conventional business, you need to do something that will sell and considering the high overheads, it will need to sell well. With an online business, you can find a way of making money from any niche, any passion you have.
- It takes hard work, but the hard work will pay off if you stick with it. There are so many people who work hard all day and every day, yet very seldom reap the benefits of their hard work. However, with an online business, because it requires such a simple process to get built, it will become successful eventually as long as you put in the hard graft and don’t give up. As Pat Flynn says, you are not trading time for dollars with an online business; you are investing your time to reap the rewards later.
- It is genuinely fun! I know that a lot of business owners out there enjoy what they do, but the reality is that most businesses are market driven, and therefore there is a lot of extra stress when their services or products are not selling well which leads to business owners resenting the thing that they once loved. This happens with online marketing as well, but there are two reasons why it doesn’t affect online business owners as much:
- The internet opens the doors to a much bigger market – a potential market of hundreds of thousands of customers, readers etc.
- The costs of owning the business are so low, when revenue decreases, you will still make a profit more times than not.
There are more benefits to making money online, but there are also challenges which I will discuss in a later post, but on the whole, you will be successful and make decent money if you are motivated and willing to learn and work hard.
So what is the best way to make money? I believe very strongly that it is by building an online business. Do you agree? Do you have a better way that you would like to suggest? I would love to hear about you view, therefore please leave your comments below.
It All Sounds Great, But How Do I Get Started?
That’s another thing about starting an online business, you have so many wonderful resources freely available to you and it is very simple to get started. But when there are so many nice shiny things to choose from, one tends to get overwhelmed and not know really where to start.
To help you get started go to my Start Here page. This page will put you in the right direction.
Most importantly, please contact me with any query that you might have. I will do my best to help you.
Please leave your comments below, I would love to hear what your thoughts are on starting an online business. Are you still looking at the option or have you already started? What is your answer to ‘What is the best way to make money?’