Name: Project Breakthrough
Overall Ranking: 20/100
Price: The training is FREE (tools are a minimum of $297 p/m)
Owners: Vick Strizheus and Jason McClain
What Is Project Breakthrough?
Project Breakthrough is a 14 day training program that teaches you how to generate several (up to 27) different passive income streams that should eventually generate an income of $20 000 plus per month (they claim this, but to their credit they don’t guarantee these profits). Vick and Jason have set it up so that you cannot watch the next day’s training until you have finished the current day’s training, which I think is great. This forces impatient people to go through all the training. I tend to be impatient myself at times 🙂
The 14 day training is completely free, but there is a very BIG catch which I will tell you about shortly.
How Did I First Learn About Project Breakthrough?
For those of you who have already read my review on Wealthy Affiliate, you will know that I tried for over a year to learn how to start an online business and learn how earn money online. The problem was that I never knew how to do it. I did not even know where to start. One thing I did know was that there were a lot of scams on the internet that robbed millions of people of a lot of money. Because of this, I was and still am very weary of anything that sounds and looks like it could be a scam. But sometimes a person looses their discernment especially when desperation (financial and / or lifestyle) sets in.
My first introduction to Project Breakthrough came when I saw a video post from one of my old friends on Facebook. In this video he spoke about this great opportunity to make money online. To find out about it, I had to enter in my name and e-mail address to register for this free training (no details of the training was given up front). I was immediately taken to the Project Breakthrough website sign – up page.
The website promised that the training was 100% free and that no credit card was required up front, therefore there was no risk and I signed up and went through the training.
I must be honest I learned a few things that I never knew before that training, and for that I am grateful and it was all for free and I really enjoyed the first few days training, BUT when I got to Day 3 of the training I learned about the all important tools that I needed to buy. Without these tools you will not make any money, at least not the money that was shown in the beginning, which renders the rest of the training almost completely useless.
So why didn’t I just get the tools you may be asking? Well, to start off with, you have to become an Elite member for the training to work. To become an Elite member you have to fork out $297……per month! And that’s just the beginning, the upsells don’t end there.
What Are These Other Tools / Upsells And What Do They Cost?
Here is a list of some of the products / tools that you need to get:
- HTA Elite (this is the membership program) – $297 p/m
- GetResponse (e-mail management system) – Starts at $15 p/m
- ClickMagick (traffic tracking system) – Starts at $12 p/m
- Mouseflow (spy and optimisation system) – Starts at $24 p/m
Then you still have to pay more for extra training modules that you’ll need to go through to maximize your opportunity of making money (you would think that by paying $297 p/m, these extra modules will be for free).
The problem that I have with the costs of all of these tools, is that you have to pay it without any guarantee that you can trust this program. You are not given any other option. What would make this program better is if it offered a free trial period as well.
I do believe that many people have lost a lot of money following this training and they have not received any return on their investment.
Are There Any Pros To Project Breakthrough?
When reviewing a product or service, one has to try to be as fair as possible to the people /company who own that product or service, but more importantly, a review should inform a person looking into buying that product, whether that product is worth it, whether it is what it says it is and most importantly to warn a person if that person will stand to loose a lot of money by buying that product.
With this in mind I have to be honest with the pros and cons. Even though within the first 2 days of Project Breakthrough training I learned a few things about internet marketing that I never knew before, I can’t find many pros, but I guess if I have to give any it will be as follows:
- The training is FREE.
- You don’t have to give your credit card details up front
- Vick and Jason explain their subject matter very clearly and enthusiastically (they make a lot of money from the program so this is undersandable)
- Although the training is free, it is worth absolutely NOTHING without purchasing the required tools.
- The tools cost of fortune (minimum of $348 per month)
- There are countless upsells over and above the initial tools purchases
- There is no free trial period to try out any of the tools to see whether you can get a return on your investment if you do purchase
- There is a controversy about the background of Vick Stizheus (I will discuss this later)
- There is no great customer support for the free training
Who Is This Program For?
This training program targets everyone and anyone who is desperate to make money online, but has no idea how to do it (this was me when I first came across Project Breakthrough).
But you need to have a lot of money to spend / waste to get anywhere with this program, but when you are desperate to make a change in your life like I was, you will somehow find a way of getting that money to pay for these tools.
What Exactly Does The Training Entail?
This is a breakdown of each day of the 14 day training course:
- Day 1 – How to build an online business
- Day 2 – Understanding Online Marketing
- Day 3 – The quickest way to profit
- Day 4 – Custom campaign blueprint
- Day 5 – Secrets to an effective landing page
- Day 6 – Custom Funnel Creation
- Day 7 – Building a Custom Video
- Day 8 – Connecting the Dots
- Day 9 – Pre -Flight Checklist
- Day 10 – Traffic – “The Lowest Hanging Fruit”
- Day 11 – Activating You Passive Income Stream
- Day 12 – Becoming a Facebook Champion
- Day 13 – Leveraging OPP & OPL
- Day 14 – Reveal and Graduation
The training appears good at face value, but as already discussed, you will have to buy very expensive tools to actually get any ‘benefit’ from the training. What happens throughout the training is that they just show you how to use those tools that you had to purchase ($348 per months worth). Therefore there is absolutely no benefit to a person who does not buy those tools.
But Is There At Least Support?
I wish that I could say yes to this, but there is no real support. They (Vick and Jason) do encourage everyone to make comments after each day’s training.
After going through hundreds of comments, I found many having difficulties with certain parts of the training and were asking for help, but very little help was given by Project Breakthrough Support except for when those problems related to the setting up of those tools that were purchased (i.e. the stuff that brings in money for Project Breakthrough). Most of the other queries were left unanswered.
Some of the queries, actually many of the queries, were from people who paid the money for those tools but the tools were not working properly or at all. No help was given to these people as far as I can tell.
This means that you are expected to pay a fortune for those tools and if something goes wrong you are left in the dark.
What Are The Other Costs?
I’ve already shown how much the start – up costs are for Project Breakthrough, but here are some further costs:
- Facebook Champion – $997 per year
- Core Training – $1997 per year
- PPC Mastery – $497 per year
- Retargeting AdWords – $297 per year
- RLSA With Google AdWords – $397 per year
And the list goes on and on.
Who can really afford this stuff? And can you afford to risk all this money on a program that doesn’t have the best credibility? I know that I couldn’t.
However, to be fair, the products that you pay for once – off every year come with a 30 day money back guarantee.
What Is My Final Verdict? Is Project Breakthrough A Scam?
- At best it is a program that offers little benefit for a lot of money i.e. it is a poor value for money program
- At worst it is a SCAM
Either way the chances are almost definite that you WILL loose money if you buy into this program.
Many people WILL give thousands of dollars that they cannot afford to this program. Remember Project Breakthrough does not guarantee any return.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention this. The way you make money through this program (after buying the tools) is by getting other people to buy all these expensive, poor value for money tools through Project Breakthrough.
I could not do this with a clear conscience.
STAY AWAY FROM PROJECT BREAKTHROUGH!
What Hope Is There Then? Must I Give Up On Making Money Online?
Before I answer that question let me clarify some truths about online marketing:
- Anyone can make money online. You don’t need to be a ‘wunderkind’ to be able to earn a decent living online
- There is no get rich quick method for online marketing
- It takes a lot of hard work and dedication
- It does not take a lot of money to start an online business (unlike with Project Breakthrough)
- If you are willing to work hard at it you can have your very own successful online business that generates thousands of dollars within a year or so
Now the trick is simply to learn how to do it. To have someone to walk with you step by step and give you all the tools needed without you having to spend a fortune.
I was about to commit to spending all that money with Project Breakthrough, but then I stumbled across an online training academy called Wealthy Affiliate. It has changed my whole perspective on having an online business.
Read my review on Wealthy Affiliate here. It is my no.1 recommendation!
Let Me Walk With You And Encourage You!
I would love to be able to help you on your journey to building a successful online business.
Go to my ‘Get Started’ page here where I will show you all the necessary steps to start your online career.
Also subscribe to my Newsletter over here. By doing so you will receive my latest posts and tips on building an online business.
Please also leave your comments below. I would love to hear from you.
Thanks for taking the time to read this review and I truly hope that it has helped you.