What Makes Me Qualified to Tell You About Website Design?
To be honest with you, I know diddly – squat about website design – at least in terms of coding. The only “code” that I know, is when my wife gives me that ‘look’, which immediately tells me that I need to give her a foot massage… 🙂
I know that it takes a lot of studying, practice and money to learn how to code and design websites. And even when you have mastered it, you will still spend many hours and days actually setting up a fully functional website. So to all of you who are reading this who are true website designers, I take my hat off to you. Thank you for all the hard work that has only made us mere mortals’ lives easier.
For us mere mortals, here is the Good News – You don’t need to know ANYTHING about website design to be able to start designing your very own website. All you need is a niche that you want to promote / market, a reasonable understanding of how the internet and computers in general work, and patience.
How Can You Build a Website With Little to No Know How?
Well, thanks to our Website Design Genius Friends (WDGF’s), we have several different Web Building tools, known as Content Management Systems (CMS), available that they have painstakingly designed for us.
There are several CMS’ available, but the 3 most popular are:
What makes these 3 the Big Three of CMS’?
- Over 200 million downloads between them
- Used by entities such as Forbes, Warner Brothers, CNN and many more.
- They are all FREE and require little to NO coding knowledge.
- And they are also very easy to install.
So, which one should you go for if they are all very good? Well, there are advantages and disadvantages between all three, but on the whole WordPress has the following advantages over the other two:
- The most downloads
- The most free themes
- The most free plugins
- It is the quickest to install
- And it requires NO coding knowledge, whereas Joomla and Drupal require a small degree of coding knowledge.
Therefore, I choose WordPress, BUT because all 3 are FREE, please go ahead and experiment with all 3 and make the decision for yourself as to which is the best CMS for your needs.
What Do You Need to Build a Successful Website?
- Web Hosting is a service provided to allow organisations or individuals to post a website on the internet. This means that if you do not have hosting then no one will be able to see your site.
- There are many different Web Hosting Providers and many of them are well priced and offer a great service. You will need to choose which one is best for you and / or your business
You get FREE Hosting when you join Wealthy Affiliates fantastic Premium Plan
2. Domain Name:
- A Domain Name is the address where users can access your website on the internet
- Most Hosting Providers require that you have your own domain name
- You can get your domain name from several different domain registrars like Namecheap, Domain.com, SiteDomain and many more. Find which one suits you the best.
If you struggle to find the best domain name, please read this helpful article on this topic here
3. Your Niche:
- This is the backbone of your website
- What are you wanting to promote / market or share? Is it arts and crafts, sports, golf clubs, making money online, food, fitness etc. Whatever you are passionate about, you can make a successful business from it.
Still don’t know what a niche is? Wealthy Affiliate’s Online Entrepreneur’s Course has great training on this here
- Once you know what your website is going to be about, you need to now put it all together and tell the world about your passion, product, ideas etc.
- What is going to make people read what you have to say about this topic? If you don’t make your content interesting and relevant to your audience, you will not get enough traffic to ever make money online.
- Get great training on this here
5. An Auidence / Traffic
What good is it having a Killer Website with everything done perfectly, but have no one to really look at it? For many people this is probably the most challenging part of having a website, but there is great training on this from Wealthy Affiliate.
Without Traffic, There Will Be No REVENUE And No One to Share Your Passions and Dreams With.
OK, But Now What? I Don’t Know Where to Start!
These are the two main questions that need answers:
- “Can I Build My Own Successful Website From Scratch With Little to No Know How?” – YES!
- “Can I Build My Own Successful Website From Scratch With No Help or Support?” – NO!
Here’s what I mean:
- It is possible to build your own successful website with no prior knowledge on website design. This is because of the fantastic CMS’ out there like, WordPress, Joomla and Drupal, which have all the coding done for you. All you need to build a website is use the tools that you have been given in these CMS’
- Even though you don’t need to have a qualification in website design to build your own website, you will still need to be shown how to use all the tools given to you. Please note in those previous two points how I emphasised ‘Successful”. Successful is the key word. If you want just an average website that no one other than your own family and friends will look at, then you don’t need much help. BUT if you want a website that will be seen by the world, you will need be shown how to do it. Someone will need to walk with you. I know this is true, because I have been there.
Don’t Feel Discouraged – There Is Help!
There is a place that will offer you exactly what you need:
- Someone to walk with you
- Someone to show you how to do it
- And support 24/7
And they don’t charge you anything to do it. The place is called Siterubix
Siterubix not only helps you set up your website for FREE, it also allows you to go through the training you need to -:
- Find your Niche
- Build Content applicable to your Niche
- Generate Traffic / Audience to your site
- And a whole lot more, to make your Website SUCCESSFUL
I really believe that you will be greatly helped by Siterubix.
May you be truly successful with your online business and may it help you reach your dreams and goals, both Financial and Non – Financial.
Please leave your comments below, I would love to hear from you.